Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wow. Just F-ing Wow.

This is really amazing.
http://www.salon.com/life/real_families/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2010/12/14/christmas_cancer

As I feel my way along the wall while creating this blog, I know I am much better at the rage-against-the-machines aspects of all this then I am at the far more familiar illness-crisis-loss which defines the reason we have let the machines have their way with us. Because cancer has begun to seem like a destiny that randomly swings and hits our loved ones, takes them away from us before we are ready, and forces us to confront this tiny window of time we have here, on this planet, with these people we are tied to, who occasionally annoy us, and whom we deeply love.

And still, this is why we fight. Why I'm here with this pink page. Because I want far fewer people to get sick in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment